Ever heard your folks say, "Don't do it!"
And we end up doing it.. after all "Forbidden fruits taste sweeter!"
Am I a baddie, if I get myself tattooed?! Am I a baddie, if I pierce my navel? Am I a baddie, if I......
Well... ya there are loads of If's...
Once upon a time, my grandmom freaked out if I wore sleeveless outfits... Now she's used to it... Infact she loves it... And there are several things that add up to this list... Are we getting better with time, or are they getting used to it?!! It still amazes me to find my department forcing us to wear ONLY salwars with duppattas, when the rest of the college (yes! sadly it's a girls' college) sings freedom!!!
Now, I know who is old and conservative!
We hear this Is-western-culture-influencing-youngsters debate reverberating all around us... Yes, it is and in a very nice way! I love my pair of jeans and I'd practically jump anywhere and everywhere with it.... Ofcourse I love tattoes and I'd trade my mobile phone for it if the situation demands and I can go on and on... I personally chose to stay away from more piercings cos I definitely don't want to look like a hippie and scare away people!
And I find it so refreshing and gratifying to break rules and conventions! It is my new high!
Why should people stick on to baseless conventions and place silly restrictions on something that is chic and cool?! Whatever may be the hue and cry, a significant bunch of them still don't give up and torture us!!!
The best is PAY NO HEED & DEFY RULES!!!
And we end up doing it.. after all "Forbidden fruits taste sweeter!"
Am I a baddie, if I get myself tattooed?! Am I a baddie, if I pierce my navel? Am I a baddie, if I......
Well... ya there are loads of If's...
Once upon a time, my grandmom freaked out if I wore sleeveless outfits... Now she's used to it... Infact she loves it... And there are several things that add up to this list... Are we getting better with time, or are they getting used to it?!! It still amazes me to find my department forcing us to wear ONLY salwars with duppattas, when the rest of the college (yes! sadly it's a girls' college) sings freedom!!!
Now, I know who is old and conservative!
We hear this Is-western-culture-influencing-youngsters debate reverberating all around us... Yes, it is and in a very nice way! I love my pair of jeans and I'd practically jump anywhere and everywhere with it.... Ofcourse I love tattoes and I'd trade my mobile phone for it if the situation demands and I can go on and on... I personally chose to stay away from more piercings cos I definitely don't want to look like a hippie and scare away people!
And I find it so refreshing and gratifying to break rules and conventions! It is my new high!
Why should people stick on to baseless conventions and place silly restrictions on something that is chic and cool?! Whatever may be the hue and cry, a significant bunch of them still don't give up and torture us!!!
The best is PAY NO HEED & DEFY RULES!!!
3 comments:
Amazing blog mandz:-):-).it just reflected my thoughts. Simply superb.
Wow.. mandu eppadi ippadillam ... too good! very well said and it's something everyone should think about .. how mean ur department can be and not allow you to wear ur pair of jeans.
No need to wash!!!
No need to iron!!!
No need to care!!!
Let it stink!!!
Let it fade!!!
Let it Wrinkle!!
Under da cold moon!!!
Under da hot sun!!!
Wild nights!!!
Crazy days!!!
Any day, Any how
Jeans is in our genes!
Jeans has always been more of a religion than a just some pants for us.
No wonder its called the workers pants.
May it be unironed, dirty still it will be the most comfortable clothing ever possible.
So keep fighting buddy .. !!
I appreciate your effort in voicing ur opinion !!
I completely agree with u... the dress code rules are silly.... maybe they can say "DRESS PROFESSIONAL" and leave the decision making to the students....between please do not delete this post.... I like it....
Post a Comment